Houthis deny that Israeli strike targeted leadership meeting
Houthis deny that Israeli strike targeted leadership meeting
Yemen's Houthis on Thursday denied Israeli media claims that an Israeli air strike was launched targeting a meeting of senior officials in the capital Sana'a, the Yemen News Agency Saba reported.
"Reports of leaders being targeted in Sana'a during today's Zionist aggression on the capital are false," a defence source told the news outlet. "What is happening is the targeting of civilian objects and the targeting of the entire Yemeni people because of their support for Gaza, which is being subjected to genocide and starvation in full view of the world".
Field Marshal Mahdi Al-Mashat, President of the Supreme Political Council, later said in a statement that Yemen's "long arm will teach [Israel] the necessary lesson".
"You have entered into a challenge with a people whose struggle you are not equal to," he warned Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
The Times of Israel had earlier cited Hebrew-language media, which reported that Israeli intelligence learned of a meeting of 10 Houthi ministers on Thursday, and arranged for an air strike aiming to wipe out Houthi leadership.