Evening recap
Evening recap
Our live blog will shortly be closing until tomorrow morning.
Here are today's key developments:
- Between 60 - 80 living Palestinian fighters remain in tunnels in parts of eastern Rafah under Israeli control, Al Jazeera Mubasher reported, citing Palestinian sources. They are cut off from communication, food, and water.
- Gaza's Civil Defence said its had to scale back services by 50 percent this week because of the lack of fuel in the enclave, which it blames on the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS).
- The United Nations said that the killing of two Palestinian men by Israeli soldiers in Jenin in the occupied West Bank appeared to be a "summary execution”.
- The Israeli military has started to demolish homes and buildings in the Jenin refugee camp in the occupied West Bank, as its military operation of raids, detentions, and evictions enters its fourth day.
- Hezbollah chief Naim Qassem said that the group has the right to respond to Israel's killing of senior commander Haytham Ali Tabatabai and will "set the timing" for any retaliation.
- Syrian Foreign Minister Asaad al-Shaibani condemned the Israeli raid in Beit Jinn in a statement on X, referring to it as “an attack that deliberately targeted innocent civilians”. The raid in southern Syria left 13 people dead and 25 others injured earlier on Friday.








